- About Us
- Skills Portfolio
- Key Programs
- Our Partners
1• Lack of livelihood opportunities and underemployment are the key issues identified in the target area.
• The decline in the natural resource base and agricultural activity is also minimized the employment options of the communities forcing them for migration.
• The local Government Schools and the colleges, the only option for the boys and the girls of the community, which are suffering lack of facility, mismanagement and proper environment, fail to provide right type of knowledge and skill, to the youth ultimately making them a burden to their families.
• There is no institutional set up to provide proper guidance and mentoring to the youth to take informed decisions and also to add value to their existing skills and learn new skills.
• The habitations are remote and the reach of government services is minimal and especially the community depends on the local quacks at the time health problems.
• Even though there are resources, which have high growth potential to generate sustainable livelihoods, the target community deprived of skills and critical inputs and infrastructure to capitalize the resource base to their benefit.
• The community could not capitalize the ongoing developmental efforts and options owing to their poor capabilities to ascertain the value and maximize the advantage.
• There is a high need for a pro-active and aggressive thrust on information sharing and knowledge dissemination and skill promotion to equip the communities to make use of opportunities and existing resources.
1.To encourage skill development for youth by providing monetary rewards for successful completion of approved training programs.
2. To encourage standardization in the certification process and initiate a process of creating a registry of skills.
3. Increase productivity of the existing workforce and align the training and certification to the needs of the country.
4. Provide Monetary Awards for Skill Certification to boost employability and productivity of youth by incentivizing them for skill trainings.
5. Reward candidates undergoing skill training by authorized institutions at an average monetary reward of Rs10,000-15,000 per candidate.
6. Benefit 10 lakh youth at an approximate total cost of 1,000 Crores.